Your smile is one of your most valuable assets, and with advancements in cosmetic dentistry, achieving a radiant, flawless smile has become more accessible than ever.
Composite bonding is a popular dental procedure that can transform your smile without invasive treatments.
In this ultimate guide, SAM Dentistry will explain composite bonding dentistry, exploring what it is, how it works, its benefits, and the associated costs, specifically at Smiles and More Dentistry.
What is Composite Bonding?
Composite bonding, also known as dental bonding, is a cosmetic dental procedure that involves the application of a tooth-coloured resin material to repair, reshape, or enhance the appearance of teeth.
This highly versatile technique can address various dental issues, such as chipped, discoloured, misaligned, or unevenly spaced teeth.
- Consultation: The process typically begins with a consultation with your dentist to discuss your goals and assess the suitability of it for your case.
- Preparation: Minimal preparation is required for composite bonding. In most cases, anaesthesia is unnecessary unless the bonding is used to fill a cavity. Your dentist will select the shade of composite resin that matches your natural teeth.
- Bonding: The dentist will roughen the surface of the tooth and apply a conditioning liquid to help the composite resin adhere to the tooth.
- Resin Application: The malleable composite resin that can be shaped to perfection is applied to the tooth. The dentist skillfully sculpts and moulds the resin to achieve the desired shape and contour.
- Curing: A special light is used to harden the resin. Once cured, the dentist will further trim and shape the bonded material to ensure it blends seamlessly with the rest of your teeth.
- Polishing: The final step involves polishing the bonded tooth to give it a natural, smooth appearance that matches your other teeth.
- Improved Aesthetics: it can correct a range of cosmetic issues, including discolouration, chips, and gaps, leading to a more beautiful smile.
- Minimal Invasiveness: Unlike procedures like veneers or crowns, it is minimally invasive and often requires minimal enamel removal.
- Quick and Painless: The process is typically completed in a single visit, and most patients experience little to no discomfort.
- Affordability: It is a cost-effective way to enhance your smile compared to more extensive cosmetic treatments.
Cost of Composite Bonding at Smiles and More Dentistry
At Smiles and More Dentistry, you can achieve your dream smile through composite bonding at competitive prices. Here’s a breakdown of the costs:
Per tooth – full
- Private: £300.00
- Practice Plan: £270.00
Per tooth – edge
- Private: £160.00
- Practice Plan: £144.00
It’s important to note that the cost of composite bonding can vary depending on several factors, including the case’s complexity and the location of the tooth being treated. During your consultation at Smiles and More Dentistry, your dentist will provide you with a personalized treatment plan and an accurate cost estimate based on your specific needs.
Composite bonding is durable, but taking good care of your bonded teeth is essential to ensure their longevity.
This includes practising good oral hygiene, avoiding biting on hard objects and scheduling regular dental check-ups.