What does Dental Crowns Widnes Treatment Involve?
When you opt for Dental Crowns treatment at Smiles and More Dentistry, you can expect your dentist to follow a detailed process.
- The first step is to administer local anaesthetic to the affected tooth or teeth to ensure that you don’t feel any discomfort or pain during the procedure.
- Once the area is sufficiently numb, the outer layer of enamel from the tooth is removed to create space for the crown. Creating extra space is necessary to accommodate the crown’s size and ensure that it sits comfortably on the tooth.
- Next, impressions of the prepared tooth are taken, and the shade of your other natural teeth is recorded. This information helps to create a crown that matches the colour and shape of the surrounding teeth for a seamless appearance.
- Before the permanent crown can be fitted, a temporary one is placed over the tooth to protect it until the next appointment. This helps to prevent any further damage or sensitivity that could occur before the permanent crown is ready.
- At your next appointment, the temporary crown is removed, and the permanent one is fitted securely in place with strong dental cement. This ensures that the crown remains in place long-term without any issues.